Description of Responsibility:
- The Commercial Manager is responsible to manage, administer and monitor all work activities associated with Commercial and administration. Supervises and coordinates the documents and formats in relation to Commercial planning, formation and negotiation; the administration, issuance, evaluation and documentation of contract activities; and the preparation & monitoring of commercial policies and procedures.
- Monitors project performance to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations and the terms and conditions of the Contract. Identifies potential problem areas as early as possible.
- Review bids and/or change order proposals for conformity to contract requirements and may establish guidelines for project scheduling and/or identify changes in the scope of work.Must work closely with management at the corporate, project and/or group level to coordinate work changes that could influence the prime contract.
- Applies a thorough working knowledge of commercial and Contract Business Systems.
- Drafts comprehensive commercial level procedures. Analyzes and critiques global strategic plans.
10+ years’ experience in Contract administration; or 15+ years’ work experience in management, business administration, law, scheduling, cost, materials and/or procurement Must have experience on business development or proposal development tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to establish policies and guidelines to establish appropriate commercial and contracts practices for the organization.
- Must possess broad knowledge of commercial & contracts concepts and principles and apply the as appropriate based on sound judgment and experience.
- Understands and applies financial terminology and measures.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in utilizing commercial strategies
- Bachelor of Engineering or Law